#WTF what the fluff ???
the new twitta reply function is Bullshit!
This I wrote some days ago, we collected some comments and did some research:
What we know so far:
- lots of complaints about missing notifications
- too many notifications
- pals can´t follow discussions
- the mute conversation is a joke
- The UI is a milestone in bullshit software design ..
- loading conversations can take a lot of time
- it may use your mobile data volume, because all the tweets will have to be loaded
- on smartphones and tablets it may kill your battery life
Any bullshit, we didn´t find?
Start here: WE ARE ALL part of the problem
(until we activate some brain cells and read on).
If we reply to conversations or do a retweet (even a fav might do),
we create lots of notifications. We often don´t see
or don´t care, how many pals are in a conversation.
YES, we can drop pals(users) from a conversation .. but srsly, who ever did that???
The option is hidden (that is what i call user interface design bullshit from the twitta design team,
seems no braindead software developer ever tested or used it).
What can we do/what do we need?
- we can alway start a new conversation by sending a new tweet (we did this for a long time during our twitta life).
- we should really think twice(or more), if we really want to add pals to a conversation – it is very easy to add some1, but there is NO ESCAPE BUTTON☹️
- we may need a “STOP ‼️ conversation agreement, without hurting anyone”
to be continued
Yours Evil Hugi
PS dis blogpost is not ready(they are never ready) , I want to add some quotes and pics, but i decided to publish it fast.
PPS: dis was me while blogging – rant mode activated
— Hugo #RIPRascal (@hugo4de) April 26, 2017